Saturday, September 5, 2020

AUTOMATED ASSISTANT FOR INDUSTRY USING CAS TECHNOLOGY


Salam to all,

My research project : “Developing an automated assistant for computing integrals over polynomially defined regions and their boundaries using Computer Algebra System (CAS) (01-01-02-SF0791: RM107, 300)” was approved by MOSTI in 2012...but the problem was no postgraduate students seemed to be interested to work on this project...I wonder why🤔???...

I waited* for two years before MOSTI eventually decided to terminate this project. The MOSTI officers came to UKM to discuss with me the progress of this project...so I told them the truth : "No postgraduate students are interested to work on this project (i.e., to accept this challenge)". What to do🤔???...😊.

Now (eight years later😄)...I would like to present again the synopsis of this project...in case there are some postgraduate students out there who are interested in this area of Computer Algebra (CA) in Industry...please do contact me🙂.

If there is someone who really interested to work on this project then I will, inshaAllah apply a grant to support this research coz...I don't want to get myself into trouble again...for the second time😂.

Synopsis of this project :

In some industries, we want to know some of the intermediate results (not just the end results) without user intervention during the solving process. In other words, when a problem occurs in the solving process, this tool has the potential to detect where the problem arises and the user can recommend necessary steps on how to solve it.The Cylindrical Algebraic Decomposition (CAD) algorithms published in the Journal of Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 82 (2011) 79-101,(IMACS): J. Wester, Y. Yaacob & S. Steinberg, would not be able to do this. Therefore, significant changes need to be made to the existing CAD algorithms.


* While waiting for the potential postgraduate students...I did some "promotions" on the area of Computer Algebra (using the Science Fund (SF) fund) like translating my phd thesis into the Melayu language, setting up a Computer Algebra Research Lab (tapi mampu bertahan sekejap saja...atas sebab2 tertentu 😂) & Computer Algebra Team (CAT), producing a phd graduate (Computer Algebra (CA) in Education): Dr Hazlina Awang Lah, etc.


Yuzita

No comments:

Post a Comment